A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR
by Ross Sharp
From the “Consumer Medicine Information” pamphlet for a medication I have been prescribed, but have not yet taken …
- Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to indacaterol maleate (the active ingredient).
- Do not breast-feed while using this medicine.
- This medication may interfere with other medications, including:
Medications for lung disease.
For high blood pressure or heart problems.
Medicines used to treat depression and other mental disorders.
Medicine for glaucoma, including eye drops.
Medicines for hay fever, coughs, colds, runny nose.
- Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following side-effects:
Combination of sore throat, blocked nose, coughing, headache.
Swollen hands, ankles and feet.
Crushing chest pain.
Pressure/pain in cheeks and forehead.
Pain in muscles, bones or joints.
Excessive thirst, high urine output.
Increased appetite with weight loss, tiredness.
Tingling and numbing.
- If you use too much (Overdose):
Immediately telephone your doctor or;
Poisons Information Centre (13 11 26)
Go to the Accident/Emergency ward at your nearest hospital.
- Symptoms of overdose may include:
Fast, irregular heartbeat.
I feel so reassured.